Mr. Payne has extensive experience with trust and ancillary accounting systems, providing consulting, business analysis, and project management services. Mr. Payne has been with Ceto and Associates for over ten years. As a Vice President for the Consulting Services Group, Mr. Payne is responsible for providing analysis of a financial institution’s data, development of presentation reports, and implementation/monitoring plans during a consulting services engagement.
Prior to joining Ceto and Associates, Mr. Payne was with SunTrust Banks, Inc. for over 12 years, most recently as a Vice President of Product Management in the Trust and Wealth Management division, where he was responsible for evaluating and implementing trust accounting system components, training users, and daily production system support for multi-state trust departments. Additional responsibilities included routine consultation with various business line committees to determine and implement system requirements as well as managing projects for development of associated applications, including testing, training users, and support.
- Conducted revenue enhancement engagements for 50+ banks and credit unions in the US and Canada by analyzing data to identify and quantify areas of potential increased revenue and process improvement, creating presentation data and reports based on results of analysis, developing/modifying plans to assist in the implementation phase, and developing/modifying processes and procedures to track the financial benefit of implemented initiatives during the monitoring phase.
- Conducted retail sweep projects via implementation of logicpath’s Deposit Reclassification solution for 140+ bank and credit union clients by analyzing client data input file to create import specification(s), developing/modifying queries, tables, queries, forms, reports, macros, and Visual Basic modules as needed, assisting with implementation, conducting end-user training, and post-implementation support as needed.
- Conducted conversions to updated version of logicpath’s Deposit Reclassification solution for 300+ bank and credit union clients.
- Managed majority of project to develop broker-style statement formats, utilizing external resources for the design phase and application programming, and internal resources for implementation; also responsible for supplying data files, procuring new forms, assistance in procurement of new printers/printer upgrades, and testing/considerable QA.
- Developed reconciliation report based on database queries for directed trades unit; eliminated 6 - 8 hour manual process and resulted in reassignment of responsibilities for one full-time employee.
- Developed queries accessing Oracle database tables to produce files/reports of data not provided by accounting and other ancillary systems; developed queries to produce similar files/reports of data after conversion to SQL database.
Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA
BBA in Economics/Finance
Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
MBA in Finance